Ethics 101 db 2 | BMIS 570 – Ethics and Legal Issues | Liberty University
- Jones: chs. 5–6
- Stivers et al.: Part 3
Discussion boards are collaborative learning experiences; therefore you are required to create a thread in response to the provided prompt for each forum. Discussion board threads must be 500–600 words and demonstrate course-related knowledge. In addition to the thread, you are required to reply to one other classmate’s thread.
Please the attached Rubric – Follow Exactly (This assignment must be in Turabian Format)
Topic: Is it ever moral to break a promise? A rational analysis and conclusion.
Thread: The Reading & Study materials this module/week discuss the complex issue of poverty, and the moral imperative of promise-keeping is mentioned several times. After reviewing the Reading & Study materials, compose a 500-600 word argument that is objective, carefully-constructed, and free of emotion (and hence it should not contain any exclamation points) in support of your opinion on each of the following questions.
- Why is promise-keeping morally important?
- Is it ever morally permissible to break a promise?
- If you answer “yes” to #2, then what are the conditions that render promise-breaking morally acceptable?
- If you answer “no” to #2, then explain why you believe it is never permissible. How would you handle difficult scenarios wherein someone has made a promise the keeping of which would have significant undesirable consequences?
- Is it ever morally obligatory to break a promise?
- If you answer “yes” to #5, what are the conditions that render promise-breaking morally obligatory?
How it Works
It only takes a couple of minutes to fill in your details, select the type of paper you need (essay, term paper, etc.), give us all necessary information regarding your assignment.
Once we receive your request, one of our customer support representatives will contact you within 24 hours with more specific information about how much it'll cost for this particular project.
After receiving payment confirmation via PayPal or credit card – we begin working on your detailed outline, which is based on the requirements given by yourself upon ordering.
Once approved, your order is complete and will be emailed directly to the email address provided before payment was made!