An operation analyst | Operations Management homework help
An operation analyst is forecasting this year’s demand for one of his company’s products based on the following historical data:
Year # sold
4 years ago 10,000
3 years ago 12,000
2 years ago 18,000
Last year 20,000
1) What is the forecast for this year using the last-value forecasting method?
2) What is the forecast for this year using a moving-average forecast based on the last four years?
3) Which of the following possible values of would cause exponential smoothing to respond the most quickly to forecast errors?
The business analyst for Ace Business Machines, Inc. wants to forecast this year’s demand for manual typewriters based on the following historical data:
Time Period Demand
5 years ago 900
4 years ago 700
3 years ago 600
2 years ago 500
Last year 300
4) What is the forecast for this year using the last-value forecasting method?
5) In exponential smoothing with trend, the forecast consists of:
a) an exponentially smoothed forecast and a smoothed trend factor.
b) the old forecast adjusted by a trend factor.
c) the old forecast and a smoothed trend factor.
d) a moving-average and a trend factor.
e) None of the above.
How it Works
It only takes a couple of minutes to fill in your details, select the type of paper you need (essay, term paper, etc.), give us all necessary information regarding your assignment.
Once we receive your request, one of our customer support representatives will contact you within 24 hours with more specific information about how much it'll cost for this particular project.
After receiving payment confirmation via PayPal or credit card – we begin working on your detailed outline, which is based on the requirements given by yourself upon ordering.
Once approved, your order is complete and will be emailed directly to the email address provided before payment was made!